Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Michelle Obama reflects on reluctance to get into politics

Michelle Obama returned to The Women's Conference to address a group of 14,000 people, most were women. The last time she was at the conference was a few years ago where she appeared in a panel with four presidential candidate wives. It took a lot of convincing for Michelle Obama to think that running for president was a good idea. She worried a lot about her girls and what to say. She beat herself up about the thinks she didn't get right during the campaign.

She spoke about an issue that is now one of her priorities as first lady. It is military families. They have to move every few years, adjust to new schools and surroundings, find jobs. Jill Biden spoke about being a military mom. She talked of troops she has met.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/10/26/5354425-michelle-obama-reflects-on-reluctance-to-get-into-politics

I would think that being a child in a military family has got to be hard and for our first lady to recognize this is pretty great. Michelle Obama can learn to help those people struggling with jobs, moving and adjusting to school for kids. I would really like to see what she does to address this issue in the future.

I agree with Michelle in the fact that if my dad were going to run for president, I might need a lot of convincing. I have school to worry about and if I had to be away from my parent to long, I would go crazy. I also agree with being worried about what to say and what not to say. Being a teenager, sometimes what we think just comes out of our mouths still and we can't control it. I would be on my toes and thinking out every little detail of what I said. I would also beat myself up and feel horrible if I said something wrong. I understand Michelle's concerns with running for the President of the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment