Monday, October 18, 2010

Protect Your Facebook

The Wall Street Journal reported that Facebook's 10 popular apps transmit users' IDs to outside advertisers. It also reports the ongoing problem of the "app gap" - users who don't use apps are still at risk of personal info shared with 3rd parties. The only way to prevent your personal information getting out is not to play games or take quizes. If you have already well, your info is probably out there. You should still lock down your profile from future apps.

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/10/18/5311247-how-to-protect-your-facebook-info-

Personaly, if you don't want information about your life getting around, whether it is through the apps, advertisements, or people, then don't get Facebook or don't put it on your Facebook in the first place. I know that people use Facebook to connect with friends and relatives and want to share what is going on in your life with them, but you don't need to put every single minute of your life on Facebook. I have a Facebook myself, I original got it because it was the in thing and everyone had it. Now, I rarely use it because I have my cell phone.

If you are a person who uses Facebook a lot and concider it your life then I think that it would be a good idea to protect your personal information. I would start with the precautions and steps they tell you to use on the website above. Something else I would do, would be to remove my phone number from my Facebook. So you don't have to delete your Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment